You have a reusable shopping bag and your once overflowing pile of plastic shopping bags has gone.
What do you use as a bin liner now? You may be thinking what’s the point if I just buy bin liners to replace them? You can however avoid buying bin liners by using these alternatives:
1) Line your bin with newspaper
2) Don't use a bin liner and wash your bin out
3) Put less into plastic bags
- Sort items into recycling
- Compost food scraps and paper towel that isn’t full of grease or chemicals
- Reduce your food waste
- Place any dry items that can’t be recycled straight into your bin
4) Used packaging: Note however if you use tips 1 – 3, the items below can go into your recycling bin or be recycled through Redcycle.
- Toilet paper bags (be careful of perforations)
- Nappy bags (be careful of perforations)
- Bread bag
- Empty milk carton
- Frozen veg bag
- Postage bags